|European Communities - Regime for the Importation, Sale and Distribution of Bananas - Status Report by the European Communities - Addendum|
1 March 2001
EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES - REGIME FOR THE IMPORTATION,
SALE AND DISTRIBUTION OF BANANAS
Status Report by the European Communities
The following communication, dated 1 March 2001, from the Permanent Delegation of the European Commission to the Chairman of the Dispute Settlement Body, is circulated pursuant to Article 21.6 of the DSU.
Status Report on the Implementation of the Recommendations and Rulings in the
Dispute regarding European Communities - Regime for the Importation,
Sale and Distribution of Bananas
1. On 29 January 2001, the Council of the European Union adopted Regulation (EC) No 216/2001 amending Regulation (EEC) No 404/93 on the common organisation of the market in bananas. This Regulation has been published in the Official Journal of the European Communities L 31 of 2 February 2001 (copy attached).
The modifications made in Council Regulation 216/2001 provide for three tariff quotas open to all imports irrespective of their origin:
- A first tariff quota of 2.200.000 tonnes at a rate of 75?/tonnes, bound under the WTO;
- a second autonomous quota of 353.000 tonnes at a rate of 75?/tonnes;
- a third autonomous quota of 850.000 tonnes at a rate of 300?/tonnes.
Imports from ACP countries will enter duty-free. In view of contractual obligations towards these countries and the need to guarantee proper conditions of competition, they will benefit from a tariff preference limited to a maximum of 300?/tonnes.
The tariff quotas are a transitional measure leading ultimately to a tariff-only regime.
2. Substantial progress has been achieved with respect to the implementing measures necessary to manage the three tariff rate quotas on the basis of the First-come, First-served method.
The European Communities are doing their utmost to ensure a rapid, efficient and smooth implementation of that new management method.
COUNCIL REGULATION (EC) No 216/2001
Of 29 January 2001
Amending Regulation (EEC) No 404/93 on the Common Organisation of the Market in Bananas
|更新列表 | 会员章程 | 法律声明 | 友情链接 | 法意介绍 | 法意招聘 | 京ICP备10009268号 版权所有©北京大学实证法务研究所|
邮箱： 客服热线：010-53109998、62758866 53109996/97-8088（传真）